Tuesday 14 March 2017

Spring has arrived

Spring has arrived! Yesterday I went out and bought myself a new greenhouse. It is big enough to walk inside, so will be a nice place to hide out whatever the weather. It is big enough for 12 seed trays, so together with our little other greenhouse we have room for about 20 seed trays.

The vegetable patches are dug over, although I probably need to add some more compost to them before I plant more seeds. I have already planted some carrots and lettuce in them.

Also growing in the greenhouses are Marigolds, Lobelia, Alysum, Tomatoes, Busy Lizzies and Begonias. Now that I have a bit more room, I want to get some peppers and cucumbers started, and some courgettes.

Also in my photo you can see the lupins are looking healthy in the middle picture and the daffodils are out amongst the purple Hebes. Excitingly, we now have rhubarb in the garden - my inlaws gave me a couple of crowns at Christmas from their Rhubarb plant. And the final picture shows the peonies beginning to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment